- L-series wide-angle single focus lens introduces Canon's newly-developed optical element, BR Optics*, which helps produce impressively high quality images by helping to maximize performance and reduce chromatic aberration.
- Two aspheric lenses and one UD lens help provide a high level of image quality.
- Improved durability for use in harsh environments helps ensure reliability and dependability.
- Subwavelength Coating (SWC) helps significantly reduce lens ghosting and flare.
- Shortest minimum focusing distance in its class (0.28m) and increased maximum magnification (0.21x) help expand the range of expression, especially when capturing close-up subjects.
- Fluorine coating on front and rear lens surfaces helps reduce smears and fingerprints.
- High-grade design for optimum operability with a luxurious feel.
Focal Length & Maximum Aperture
14 elements in 11 groups
Diagonal Angle of View
AF with full-time manual
Closest Focusing Distance
2.8 in./72mm diameter
Max. Diameter x Length, Weight
3.2 x 4.2 in., approx. 26.8 oz.
80.4 x 105.5mm, approx. 760g